For an informal conversation about vacancies at The Fifth Trust, please contact Nikki Marley, Chief Executive Officer at [email protected] or on 01227 832022. To apply, please send your CV with details of the role you are interested in.
Café cook and instructor
The Fifth Trust is seeking to recruit an experienced cook to work in our café two days (16 hours) a week, to include every Sunday.
The role will include preparing meals from our breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea menus and specials boards, serving customers and supporting our students who work in the café. The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Preparing and cooking food
- Customer service
- Food Hygiene certificate desirable
- Handling money and using a till
- Possess understanding of and commitment to the Trust’s values
- Good interpersonal skills with positive approach
- Good timekeeping
Due to location and start time own transport required.
If you are interested please send your CV to [email protected] or for an informal discussion call Jen on 01227 831266 or the office on 01227 832022.
Instructor / carer
The Fifth Trust is seeking to recruit an experienced individual to provide cover as an instructor across all the sessions we offer our students (two days per week) and to work as a carer providing one to one support for a female student with learning disabilities (two days per week).
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Care & personal care, with a proven track record
- Working with adults with disabilities
- Possess understanding of and a commitment to The Fifth Trust’s values
- Good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
Hours: 9am-5pm, Tuesday-Friday.
Starting salary: £8.92 per hour.
Reporting to: Care & Operations Manager.
Key responsibilities & requirements
- To provide session cover as required at our two sites - the Vineyard and Barham skills centres – running and planning activities to stimulate students and develop their interaction and skills
- To provide support to an individual student, including personal care, to enable her to access activities fully and safely.
- To follow and adhere to individual students’ support plans
- To be familiar with and adhere to Risk Assessments, Health and Safety Policies, Fire Precaution and Prevention, First Aid and Medicines for students, reporting any issues to the Care & Operations Manager
- To follow and implement regular skills & risk assessments of students, this may include personal care
- To actively participate in annual appraisals
- To ensure session equipment and work areas are maintained in good condition
- To create good, effective relationships with the local community and other relevant agencies
- To participate in training which may be deemed to be appropriate by the Care & Operations Manager
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected]