Join us and help make a difference supporting adults with learning disabilities. For an informal conversation about vacancies at The Fifth Trust, please contact Nikki Marley, Chief Executive Officer at [email protected] or on 01227 832022. To apply, please send your CV with details of the role you are interested in.
The Fifth Trust are looking for a Horticultural Assistant to work with our Garden Services team and support The Fifth Trust charity’s day care services for adults with learning disabilities, as well as its social enterprises.
This is a rewarding role working as part of a small team, which offers the opportunity to gain experience across the broad range of gardening and bushcraft services we offer to our customers and students. You will have specific areas of responsibility including; visiting customers’ gardens to maintain, tidy and clear on a seasonal basis, deliver logs to customers (at busy times in the autumn/winter) and help to run bushcraft classes to our students (known as Outdoor Active).
This is a full-time role based at Elham Valley Vineyard in Barham (near Canterbury), although regular travel within East Kent is required.
- Support the Garden Services team.
- Have responsibility for developing and delivering bushcraft sessions in our surrounding environment.
- Maintaining customers' gardens and our own grounds to a high degree.
- As required, making deliveries of logs and other garden supplies to customers.
- Working closely with our students who have learning disabilities to provide engaging and enjoyable gardening and bushcraft sessions.
- High degree of horticultural knowledge or very keen interest at least. Qualification to NVQ or above would be ideal.
- Keen interest and experience in bushcraft activities (or very willing to learn).
- Valid, clean driving licence is required.
- Experience of driving a van/tipper truck.
- Self-motivated and able to manage a busy and varied workload.
- Team worker, with can-do attitude.
- Commitment to The Fifth Trust’s values.
Reporting to: Garden Services Manager.
Hours: 40 hours with occasional requirement for weekend or evening working.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Matt Whitehouse (Garden Services Manager) via email on [email protected]
The Fifth Trust is seeking to recruit an experienced individual to work within our day care services for adults with learning disabilities.
The role is part-instructor, part-cover assistance within our café (open to the public seven day per week), and in the cookery sessions within a classroom environment (Mon-Fri). Cover may also be required at times within our other activities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with good practical cooking and food preparation experience, who understands adults with learning disabilities and is willing to be adaptable and flexible to assist within the different sessions we offer.
The ideal candidate is likely to have experience in:-
· Providing support to individuals on a 1-1 basis.
· Demonstrating the abilities required for covering the activities we provide.
· Working with adults with learning disabilities
· Possess understanding & commitment to the Fifth Trusts’ values
Location: Elham Valley Vineyard, Barham, Breach, Canterbury, CT4 6LN. You must be able to reliably commute to us. We are in a rural area.
Education: GCSE or equivalent (required)
Reporting to: Social Enterprise Manager
Hours: 40 hours with occasional requirement for weekend or evening working
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Lynda Evans at [email protected]