This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to make a difference. You will be part of our friendly and effective team, working three days a week at our Elham Valley site.
This is a strategic role where you will be responsible for supporting the Chief Executive in making sound business decisions in the long and short term to ensure a sustainable future for The Fifth Trust. You will produce financial reports and develop appropriate strategies based on financial research.
Please find attached the Job Description and Person specification
Please apply with CV to Nikki Marley – Chief Executive Officer [email protected]
Office number 01227 832022
The person specification details the necessary skills, qualifications, experience or other attributes needed to carry out the job. Applications will be measured against the criteria published below.
We are looking for clear evidence and examples in your application, which back-up any assertions made in relation to each criterion.
|Qualifications / training||Essential||Desirable||Assessed via*|
|Qualified accountant such as ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA, CIPFA;||ü||A|
|Advanced degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field||ü||A|
|Knowledge, skills and experience||Essential||Desirable||Assessed via*|
|Deep understanding of business principles and practices;||ü||A, I|
|Proven ability to work well as a member of a team||ü||A, I|
|Experience of working in a finance environment||ü||A, I|
|Experience of working in a charity, social enterprise||ü||A, I|
|Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook||ü||A, I|
|Experience of using computerised accounting systems, ideally Sage||ü||A, I|
|Excellent organisational skills with a methodical approach to work, using own initiative to manage multiple projects and determine relative priorities to meet deadlines||ü||I|
|Analytical approach to problem solving||ü||I|
|Ability to prioritise demanding workloads and to work to tight timescales and deadlines||ü||I|
|Good interpersonal skills and able to work confidently and diplomatically with people at all levels||ü||I|
|Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing||ü||A, I|
|Self-motivated, confident and enthusiastic, enjoying new challenges and committed to providing a professional service with a flexible approach to working||ü||I|
|Additional attributes||Essential||Desirable||Assessed via*|
|Commitment to the purpose and objectives of The Fifth Trust, supporting our students||ü||I|
|Commitment to providing excellent customer service||ü||I|
|Willingness to learn||ü||I|
|Willingness to undertake further training||ü||I|
*Criterion to be assessed via:
A = application form or CV/cover letter
I = interview questions
T = test or presentation at interview
|COMPANY||The Fifth Trust|
|POST TITLE||Finance Manager|
|REPORTING TO||Chief Executive officer|
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- This is a strategic role where you will be responsible for supporting the Chief Executive in making sound business decisions in the long and short term to ensure a sustainable future for The Fifth Trust. You will produce financial reports and develop appropriate strategies based on financial research.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Manage supplier accounts and oversee / review purchasing.
- Manage external arrangements with accountants, banking and HMRC, contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Manage the day to day activities of the Accounts Assistant
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the charity.
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends. Present financial and ad-hoc reports to Trustees, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings.
- Provide insightful information and expectations to the senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Establish, maintain & review financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation. Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
- To maintain consistently high standards of quality and customer service across all The Fifth Trust operations
- To provide leadership and effective communication to the ofﬁce team and The Fifth Trust drivers
- You are required to maintain a positive and professional attitude towards customers, colleagues and 3rd parties at all times and undertake all tasks as appropriate
- Ensure all premises and areas are maintained to a safe, tidy and presentable standard at all times
- Undertake any other duties at the request of a Director or Manager, dependent upon the post holder’s area of expertise, knowledge and skills, and with regard to the level of responsibility afforded by the post held
- To work at all times in accordance with The Fifth Trust policies, procedures and ethos.
Key Skills & Background
- Proven experience in a lead financial role for a charity supporting people with learning disabilities
- Strong leadership and people management skills and experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong critical and creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent experience of Xero and Microsoft Office
- Integrity and honesty.
- Advanced financial qualifications. List qualifications ATT etc
Salary Depending on experience or qualifications
Hours 3 days per week 24 hours
Work base The Fifth Trust