THE FIFTH TRUST
Registered Charity No: 1136718
Registered Company No: 07262103
Closing Date for applications 3rd September 2018
Gardener / horticulture instructor.
The Fifth Trust is a day centre for adults with learning disabilities that operates commercial businesses alongside students’ day centre activities. In addition to a large range of skills classes and activities the Centre operates a fully commercial Garden Centre, Tea Shop, provides Garden maintenance services to the local community, has a vegetable allotment which services the Tea Shop and the cookery classes, and maintains a small vineyard.
To work in the horticulture department within the garden maintenance team. Working with small groups of adults with learning disabilities to assist them with the jobs that they do each day. Taking students off site to work in local customer’s gardens, tending to plants, cutting grass, hedges, weeding and general garden maintenance.
- You will need to be fully comfortable in training and working with our students. A good all round knowledge of horticulture skills is essential.
- Previous gardening experience essential.
- Able to work within a diverse team.
- Good time keeping is essential.
- Can do attitude to work, adaptable with working practices.
- To follow the aims and principles of the Trust
- Clean driving licence.
- Good people skills.
- Willingness to progress in the company.
Responsible to: The Horticulture Manager
Key relationships: Horticulture Manager
Hours of work: 40 hours per week (some weekend work will be required and discussed at interview.) A full DBS check will be required, training will be given.
Salary: £7.83 per hour
- To undertake gardening duties on site and around the local area.
- Liaise with customers and manage their gardening requirements.
- All aspects of general garden maintenance carried out.
- Good customer focus and ability to work under own supervision.
- Working with small groups of students, manage your and the students health and safety and wellbeing.
- Develop student horticulture skills by using your knowledge to teach while working together.
- Take responsibility for the day’s work ahead, be able to work un supervised.
- Keen to learn and progress in your role.
- Offer fun working sessions for students.
- Record keeping of the day’s activities.
This is an interesting role in a company that is expanding each year.
We will arrange full training at the start of the job then after qualifying
Period the option to work on NVQ level 1, 2, 3 in social care and